Tuesday, October 03, 2006

mia

Posting from Houston for a quickie fly-by while my little Mom catches some zzz's. She insists she isn't tired and wants to go shopping but then nods off somewhere between the 'shop' and the '-ping'. It's what happens in your 90's - the spirit is willing but the flesh really just wants a nap.

So I just dropped in to say hey, and if I haven't been around it's because these have been some alternately hectic and hazy days. Not unlike my youth, come to think of it, drugs and all - only now in Mom's case they call it 'assisted living'. I think I always did. Anyway, Mom and I are fixin' to blow this popsicle stand any second now. Six-thirty curfew be damned.

Catch you later. Or as we say in Texas, ciao! Y'all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your having a good time with mom, treasured hours! And may her spirit always be willing :)

~amy

Robbie said...

90! Duh-am! That's amazing. I'm glad to see you check in. You've been missed. :-)

Paul said...

I think it's time for a new Mom cartoon.