Monday, April 27, 2009

starry feets and lorakeets


"The time has come," my friend had said
"to talk of many things.
Of men and love and bikini wax:
Why some are just for flings.
Why some are charming, and some are not
And whether fish have wings".



So off we went to the Beach that's Long
In the land of sun so fair
Where stars have feets and lorakeets
Fly straight into your hair
Where the seal pups play as the dragons sway
And sharks cruise deep within their lair
.



When the sun went down, the thought profound;
"It's time to quench our thirst!"
So off we went to the Mai Tai Lounge
"We'll start with Mai Tais first.
Then a place with a view and a martini or two!"
And if I must say so as weekends go it really could have been worst.



9 comments:

Sydney said...

so you went... on a little weekend vacation? These pictures are amazing... the first one is just beautiful!!!! I love your posts and am always jumping to open them when I see them on dashboard. I missed the last one due to being under a DEADLY DEADLINE! I hate those.

Robbie said...

Love this! The prose and pictures are perfect!

I'm in love with Lorakeets now. As soon as I give up my desire to vacation, I shall get one.

Robbie said...

P.S. I came home with the books! And, thought of several things I wanted to talk about but totally forgot. We must get together again soon. Darn!

Gigi said...

Hey Sydney!Thanks for the kind words. :) I reread my own post and had to laugh; it does sound like I actually went on vacation! No such luck; it was just a day trip to the Long Beach Aquarium, which was fun and sort of felt like a mini-vacay. Which I'm kind of guessing that you could use too, given the sound of the those deadlines... :D

Robbie ~ the gods are telling you to just read the damn book! ;) And you can have a Lorakeet when you're a resident of the Breakers Retirement home... ;D

Cynthia said...

Great photos. The day sounded wonderful.

Sydney said...

Girl, I have a blog award that will be waiting for you on my blog, ADVENTURES IN NATURE tomorrow, Saturday....

neil said...

Do fish have wings? They sure do. Saw them once, churning up the luminescence ( do tropical waters glow? Yep) in the Seychelles. The odd one may have had a headache from not seeing the boat!

Robbie said...

I came here to poke you but I can't seem to find the button to do so. WTF!

:::looking around:::

This isn't FB. Woopsee! My bad.

I love your pictures. They came out so much better than mine. :-D

MzAmy said...

awww i like. great pics, and story. :)