Sunday, June 17, 2007

sketchbook diaries



Playing around with my new Adobe Elements 5.0 ~ an old sketch with new text addition imposed, thanks to the Miracle that is Photoshop. Several hours and many FCC-banned words later (I swear I still do not get the whole layer issue ~ just do what I tell you to do when I tell you to do it, OK? I'll let you know if I want to change my mind. When I say SAVE, you say HOW MANY? And when I say EDIT, you best let me at the whole text...) I do understand that I could actually just have written on the actual page. With an actual pen. Just as we all do, everyday. Woulda taken' one, two minutes tops. Silly girl, with your silly time-saving devices. When will you ever learn?

Still. What fun would it be if it didn't involve much saving and tossing about of psds, jpgs, bss' and gds?

None, of course. It is what it is. A pleasantly indolent way to recover from yesterday's barbecue. I love my parties.


4 comments:

Robbie said...

I love this picture - words or not. I like the neon glow thing too. It gives it texture. Here's the great thing with layers. You can try stuff out and go back and delete just that layer if you think it isn't working. I always have trouble with the text though too. It looks in or something and sometimes I can't get it to move where I want.

Show us more!

neil said...

I don't have that problem at all, but that's because I can't draw either! You frock up really well for your parties, but I have to say you look a little worse for wear ;-)

Robbie said...

Yo! Yo! Yo!

Happy BIRTHDAY!!!!

WOOHOO!!!

:::blowing the bugle quietly because the hangover today is probably unbareable:::

:-)

MzAmy said...

Is it your birthday? well, probably not today...since I am
always fashionably late. But,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I love birthday's. I do. and whoever I let in my life someday...better adore me and bestow all kinds of gratifying wonders upon me. lol. I wish that for everyone on their special day, I am sure you got the royal treatment. :)

and cool drawing! I have worked with photoshop, and the layering...yeah, it's a bit frustrating.

and I LOVE your drawing....so nice..indolent..lazy..relaxing..
absorbing...real sweet. makes me want to grab a glass (ever so gracefully) and join you...in all my lacey, frilly, frou frou, frocky way no less!

It's funny..i just bought a sketch pad yesterday...in fact it's sitting on my lap right now. you and robbie are inspiring me to draw again. :D