Wednesday, July 30, 2008

ode to my little brother (the occasionally annual card)


it seems like I've known you forever
I know that I've known you so long
I never thought we'd ever be this old
or I'd be putting it down in a song

I'm sorry for all the moments
I tried to ditch you in open fields
and make you play with my Barbies
and leave you stranded atop ferris wheels

And I forgive you trying to kill me
by hotwiring my bedroom door
I wasn't the sweetest of sisters
I probably deserved it and more

but they said it never would happen
I told you it just couldn't be
but your childhood prayers have been answered
you're finally older than me.

Happy Birthday, Bro-lio!!

I couldn't have asked for a better brother

lots of love and hugs,
xxxoooo
your (suddenly) younger sister, and Turk










4 comments:

Paul said...

If you hadn't made him play with Barbies, he might not have wound up a Republican.

Sydney said...

HI there-- Just getting back to you from your post to me...

Of course my curiosity is piqued... what drove you to move from NYC to Houston?!!?

Don't know if you live in LA now. I lived there before NYC, for 8.5 years. If there do you ever go to Lola's restaurant/Martini bar?

Sydney said...

PS: Love the lyrics. He must have loved it.

MzAmy said...

ahhh, you creative soul you.

I am closest to my youngest sister, and at one time, she was sooo anoying. I almost maimed her.

were tight buds now. :)

time heals all wounds.
ha.