Wednesday, May 02, 2007

d'oh! a meme...

Immediately after setting up my new computer, so pleased was I with my incredible new technical skills (oh...it's the blue plug in the blue hole...Genius!) that I awarded myself an honorary degree from MIT, turned the thing off (brilliant!) and promptly forgot all about it.

So when Robbie tagged me, along with Donna and Wil for a meme like, a week ago, I sort of didn't know until now. I never do these things because I hate answering questions about myself ~ the results are never very bright or interesting. But I feel I should in this case because Robbie is my friend. Also, I think I owe her ten bucks. Because I usually owe her ten bucks.

A-Available or Single? Very funny. You'll have to ask my husband.

B-Best Friend: I'm with Robbie on this. I don't like ranking anyone, and life is change. My oldest friend is Alexa...and I just realized I missed her birthday. D'oh!

C-Cake or Pie: Cake! I never get to eat cake! I love cake! Any cake! As long as it has icing.

D-Drink of Choice: Is it Happy Hour yet? See blog title.

I also enjoy a lovely glass of wine or two ~ it depends on what kind of animal I'm oppressing at the moment (see below).

E-Essential items: Glasses. Compact. Lipstick. Credit card. Book.

F- Favorite Color(s): The endless shades of green. And many, many reds. I really like lavender too. And yellow. Orange is nice.

G- Gummi Bears or Worms? Yuck.

H- Hometown: I guess I'll always think of the little town on Long Island where I grew up as my hometown. I didn't realize that 'til now. And I'm not telling.

I- Indulgence: See blog title. Also; chocolate, posh hotels and fancy dinners. And things to wear to posh hotels and fancy dinners. Which require accessories. Also, paint. I like nice oils.

J- January or February: June.

K- Kids: no

L- Life is incomplete without: adventure. And friends. Friends who will go on adventures.

M- Marriage Date: June 7

N- Number of Siblings: One little bro.

O- Oranges or Apples? Oranges.

P- Phobias/Fears: My body outliving the quality of my life. And lizards.

Q- Favorite Quote: "Once you have perceived that life is very cruel, the only response is to live with as much humanity, humor and freedom as you can." ~ Sarah Kane

R- Reasons to smile: Because life is short and then you die. Enjoy the ride. Carpe Diem, baby.

S- Season: Autumn

T- Tag Three: I can't. I just can't.

OK. I admit it. I don't know three people. Who like me enough to do a meme.

U- Unknown Fact About Me: I don't know three people who like me. But at least now I have an honorary degree from MIT!

V – Vegetarian or Oppressor of Animals? Oh, an oppressor, absolutely. But only on weekends, and at some very nice restaurants.

W- Worst Habit(s): Avoidance. Overindulgence (see above)

X – X-rays or Ultrasounds? What are you, my doctor?

Honestly, you're not even trying. X could be a million things. Xenophobe or Patriot? Xylophone or Sitar? X-treme sports or X-treme makeover?

Does this thing ever end?

Y- Your Favorite Foods: pasta, fresh crab, scallops, oysters; crisp green salads, tomatoes fresh from the garden, anything prepared Italian style, my mother's bread pudding...you really don't want me to go on.

Z- Zodiac: cancer

Thank you for your patience. And Robbie ~ we're even. ;)

4 comments:

Donna. W said...

This meme was more interesting than a lot of them I've been tagged for. Thanks for the visit to my blog.

alphawoman said...

Wonderful answrs. Made me smile and laugh!

Robbie said...

Hey! Why are you leaving threats at my blog. I have evidence here that we are even!

P.S. Turk says if you don't stay off the computer until after closing bell you'll be available and single by nightfall. ;-p

P.S.S. What do you get when you add Museums + BofA + May?

MzAmy said...

haha
I like reading little tid bits about my friends online...especially this way. It's much better than having to run one of those 'search this person' sites. ;)