Tuesday, February 12, 2008

has it been this long already?


A thousand apologies to anyone who's been checking this site recently for proof of life and finding none. In lieu of said, I offer this photo, taken in LA where Robbie and I recently attended a Chinese New Year pageant/Falun Gong recruitment effort, and which I meant to blog. But, you know, didn't get around to it.

I just got back from New York where I was working another tech show with my lovely and talented sis-in-law Kim, and which I too will blog, if ever I
gather my wits about me long enough to remember any details beyond a blur of aching feet, a truly hideous hotel, way too much inappropriate laughter and one particularly hilarious night spent in a Greenwich Village tavern, listening to a friend's band and occasionally being hit upon by what appeared to be 8th grade boys.

Apres New York I blew through Houston to say hey to my nephew and my brother, staying just long enough to sit in on one of his gigs and run some errands on the motorcycle before turning around and heading for home. It all went so fast I feel as though I hadn't really been gone. And now I have work to do and promises to fulfill and will probably not get around to writing again for another month. Unless, of course, I decide to play hooky. As is my wont.

I am currently unpacking and nursing (surprise, surprise!) a bit of a head cold. It is no more than I deserve. Like the man said, if you dance to the music, don't ya know, you gotta pay the piper. Given the opportunity, I'll choose the dance everytime.


6 comments:

Paul said...

That piper seems to charge more every year.

Anonymous said...

Oh YIKES Gi!

A head cold? I only hope that is all the piper has left for you...I have slept no less than (seriously) 20 hours per day since your departure - and never got to say "farewell" except in my fever-riddled dreams. Slowly the fog is lifting. I only WISH we had deserved the wrath wrought upon my poor body ~ and hope yours does not experience the same. xxooxxoo

freeepeace said...

It seems I've missed the piper too. I've been sicky for a week. Nurse that cold. Get well, for another round of dancing!

pbx said...

Those boys get younger every year!

Robbie said...

It has been too long!! I didn't even recognize the door of the hotel that I can't for the life of me remember the name of. Perhaps there was something in that kool-aid that the Falun Gong served. :-)

neil said...

Wow, you have been busy and here I was thinking you were just pining for some tech support guy! Sounds like you've had the best fun. Beats blogging everytime.