Friday, May 16, 2008

it's 130 degrees outside

...so I spent it in here, doodling and thinking it was Saturday. Turk and I went out last night and made rather too merry at the neighborhood Italian bistro, and since no one should be this hungover on a Friday I just naturally assumed it was already the weekend. Shame on me. Again.


In honor of this monumental hangover and my current guru Danny Gregory, and in place of going to the gym, which is of course what I would have done if I wasn't such a sad derelict, I drew my new running shoe. Fair comp. While the intertwined laces and staggering number of swooshes pointlessly applied to the surface of the shoes confused my bleary brain, I do believe I burned 7 whole calories in the process. Good for me.


On Wednesday I spent the better part of an hour getting weighed, measured, foot-stamped, generally evaluated and no doubt judged by a handsome but bored young man while I sweated through my running pants and wished I'd had a pedicure. Ever. My feet are such a mess from centuries of standing and walking around and everything that running has become painful, and I was desperate for a solution. In the end, I bought these shoes for $110 plus tax and the standard measured-by-a-handsome-but-bored-young-man humiliation surcharge. Then I went to the gym and covered a total of 9.27 miles between the elliptical machine and the treadmill.

And my feet are killing me.


3 comments:

Robbie said...

They weigh you to sell you a pair of sneakers and you have to pay $110 for that kind of humiliation. Hellsanosa! I'll keep buying my last year knock-offs at the discount store.

P.S. I'm glad all your merriment came to some kind of good. I am quite happy to see the drawing. :-D

neil said...

Must have been some night to make you think a whole day had gone missing! Perhaps you better not go out Wednesdays in case two days go to pot. Sorry about the feet and spending all that money to not help.

Sydney said...

I like the theory about this Friday being Saturday. At least your doodling paid off. Doodling is a perfectly productive activity.