Sunday, January 22, 2006

let's face the music and file

A chill Santa Ana wind has been blowing steadily all day, spoiling my best intentions to spend the day painting in my cutting edge open air studio. By which I mean the patio, and by which I mean that I would have blown away.

So I spent the afternoon once again transferring files, printing and re-uploading pictures I thought I wouldn't have to deal with again. Tedious stuff, but I don't feel I can safely jettison AOL until it's done. Blimey.

But thank heavens for jazz vocals on internet radio. Right now, the trees are swaying and Ella is swinging "You Took Advantage of Me." Oh, to be young and taken advantage of once again. And again. Two minutes ago Steve Tyrell was crooning "Why Was I Born?" I don't know, Steve honey, but I'm glad you were. "Hey there..you with the stars in your eyes..." ~ sing it to me, Rosemary. And Diana. And Peggy. And Fats. Nice ~ now Nnenna Freelon is crooning "Soulcall," seducing all within the sound of her voice into the realm of bittersweet memory and peace....

Here's "Black Coffee" by Jacintha ~ man, I love this one. All smoke and hope and husky-throated regret.

All in all, not a terrible way to spend a couple of hours on a Sunday afternoon. Julie Christie has just launched into "Make Someone Happy" and you know, I believe I will ~ think I'll toddle off to the kitchen and throw a little something on the fire. I feel a Spaghetti Bolognese coming on. I think that'll put a smile on someone's face.


5 comments:

Paul said...

Hmmm...I may have to tell my Green Dolphin Street story. If I do, you are the muse.

AlbGlinka said...

I'm facing the same issues with wanting to go through my old AOL journal and back up impages and some writing... just can't face the amount of time it'll take, ugh!

freeepeace said...

Aww, such a romantic you are.

I haven't spent any time on AOL in over a month. I've changed my email address and still I have hundreds of new mail I'm afraid to look at. Gotta get on that ... before the end of this year. ;)

Paul said...

Three comments on a post of this quality? You must be going for Blogspot's version of Best Kept Secret now. I see Trish, but where are the rest of those Yakkies? Is Albert an honorary Yakkie?

Gigi said...

Aw, Cowboy ~ I love how you prop me up!

There ~ I just gave myself another comment. And surprisingly...I feel better! ;D