Tuesday, June 20, 2006

excuses, excuses

It's official. I have been unable to upload any pictures to this page for over a month now, which I find frustrating in the extreme. I have notified tech support and received some very friendly mail in return, which delighted me until I realized it was all auto response.

No matter. They say they are working on the problem, which has affected many beside myself, and who am I to say otherwise? In the meantime, however, it is severely cramping my style.

I tend to be visually oriented and a bit compulsive about the look of this thing, believe it or not, and I like to place graphics specifically within the context of the written word in a way that is visually appealing (to me, at least) and illustrative of a point (when there is one, which is occasionally). I understand that this is of interest of no one but me, but I just can't help myself.

Surprisingly, the fact that the blog has been, for my purposes anyway, inoperable for a month has affected both my ability to write and my desire to draw, which had been sparked of late by travel, trips to museums and large doses of vitamin Chablis (no, not really). But seems I've been spending so many hours in front of the screen impotently attempting to trouble shoot (How, I wonder? I don't know code. What was I thinking?) that I've lost the incentive to do anything else. Or maybe I'm just short on time.

To a certain extent this is a journal of my life, and for better or worse I've taken to relying on it as a supplement to the diary I've always maintained in sketchbook and travel logs. The problem is, if I don't post things promptly when I feel the urge I know I'll forget whatever it is I wanted to say in the first place. Or reflect upon. Or rant about. Or regurgitate. Whatever.

See? Case in point; Whatever? Honestly. What kind of writing is that? I have no idea what I'm doing anymore. Or what I was talking about in the first place. God knows, you gave up trying to figure it out a long time ago.

Oh, nevermind.

I can't post pics, but I can still link. This one's for Carol....

**Pearls Before Swine **

7 comments:

Robbie said...

That cartoon is hilarious!

Cheer up! Posting that in your blog may have been construed as copywrite infringement. Then lawsuits would have followed. The monies for museums and Chablis would dwindle to nothing and well so would your entries.

And...your link to Carol got her another comment on that entry but no comment on yours from same person. Shot yourself in the foot either way. Hmmm...I think I just argued against my own argument here.

:-)

Paul said...

I can't read this...there's no pictures. And Robbie's comment confused me.

alphawoman said...

I have not been able to load pictures through the Blogger program...so I use Photobucket. The pictures are big and nice!! Not like Blogger which are small and ouny.

alphawoman said...

...puny. I meant puny.

Wil said...

Here's an experiment for you. Place the cursor at the beginning of the entry edit window and try typing two spaces. Then and only then, attempt to use the Blogger photo tool from within the Blogger editor. Choose a known, medium size .jpg under a megabyte in size from your computer. See if the Blogger editor can handle that. If it does, you are on your way to cracking the photo bugs in the Blogger editor.

tiny dancer said...

I'm still laughing at vitamin Chablis! You're so funny!
Happy Birthday Baby!
Oh and thanks for the link...I got a commentor from that...woohoo!

neil said...

Okay I'm here to fix up a noted discrepency, its just that I followed the link BEFORE your comments and forgot to come back. I'm here now, is all forgiven?

Oh, and stupid, stupid blogger.