Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Grab your burkas, babies; it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

I haven't written anything on the nomination of Phyllis Schlaf..., I mean Sarah Palin as John what-else-do-I-have-to-do-to-prove-to-you-how-incompetent-yet-desperate-I-am-to-be-president McCain's running playmate because I've been busy, for one thing. And because, let's face it, what can I possibly say that isn't tragically obvious, besides having already been said so much more eloquently by just about everyone else? The next very possible leader of the once free world is a:

global warming /science denying
Alaskan secessionist.
A
gun happy
ex-beauty queen who
wants creationism taught in the schools,
Christianity in the constitution and, of course
the end of a woman's sovereign right to her own body.

Naturally, to the religious right, this constitutes feminism.

Sarah Palin.

Are you fucking kidding me? What did we ever do to you?

If I were being a good blogger I would post links for all those talking points but I am not; I am a very bad blogger on my way out the door, so I'll just post this link to the clever Miz Shoes and leave you with the wit and wisdom of the inestimable Jon Stewart, without whom I would not be able to get through another news day without my poor little lady-brain exploding.

Enjoy.



4 comments:

neil said...

I've never seen so many dopplegangers at the one time. They were dopplegangers right? It couldn't be the one person spouting differing opinions depending on the circumstances. Those guys are so busted. It probably doesn't matter much anyway. With the financial meltdown, your next president will be the one who has at least manages to keep a dollar or so in their pocket.

alphawoman said...

Don't leave out her library book fiasco! lol! Our paper (which has a pretty left lean to it) is tearing her up! It's amazing that she is suppose to appeal to the women voters. Which women exactly?

Robbie said...

I completely forgot to click through from Bloglines on this entry. I went off following the link for Phyllis Schlaf because I had never heard of her before. The best I can figure is that she is Ann Coulter's grandmother. ;-)

P.S. LOVED the Jon Stewart vid. I saw the show but couldn't resist watching it again now. My favorite line was, "In Dick Morris' defense, he is a lieing sack of shit." Blahahahahahahaahaha.

Paul said...

I am obsessed with watching videos of Palin buffoonery. My new favorite is the Kenyan witch doctor, but the debate looms.