Tuesday, October 28, 2008

oh, for the love of blogger

My blog has been driving me crazy of late. It's been in need of an extreme makeover for ages, but since I lack the necessary skills to make it work (thank you, Tim Gunn) nothing ever came of it. Still, I wanted to upload some new pics and finally just couldn't stand to put them in the old space. Thus, I have been screwing around with this thing for practically the entire day. And now it's 2:00 am.

Can you say obsessive, boys and girls? Yes, of course you can. And can you spell Xanax too? Hint ~ it starts and stops with the same letter! I know, it's so cool. Now go write mama a nice prescription. Before she starts this whole thing over again. From scratch.

She'll do it too. You know she will. She is in a dark place, apparently. A dark blogger place.

But ~ yay (!) I think. A new look at last; not exactly how I wanted it (or tried for hours to get it...ok, sorry...letting it go) but there it is. The picture is an acrylic I did ages ago when I was thinking of trying to develop some quick and cute character paintings to sell on eBay. But I never do anything quick, or cute, or to the point of usefulness, so I never developed the theme. Or sold anything on eBay. How nice that here at last I find a purpose for my little lotus flowers. And props to my friend Robbie for the sub-heading ~ it's actually printed on a martini glass she gave me for Christmas one year. And here I thought I was the only yoga babe with issues. So much for original neurosis.

I'm off to bed. I wonder if this thing will still be here in the morning.

And I so totally forget what I wanted to post in the first place.


5 comments:

Cynthia said...

Love the new look, girl! I know that dark blogger place oh too well. In fact it's calling me, I haven't changed my pieces' look in a long time.

Robbie said...

I absolutely love it. It's fresh. The green is unique and the painting is so perfect. Fun and sassy just like your blog.

Lisa :-] said...

I have four blogs that I have been messing with over the past month. It can get very obsessive...

Your picture is divine, dahling...

Paul said...

I prefer your wink to Sarah Palin's.

Wil said...

Not too shabby at all. From your description I was expecting some kind of train wreck (like mine, for instance) but what do I find? Minty, thoughtful goodness coupled with clean lines. Have you considered designing high-end autos?