Thursday, December 25, 2008

deep into the nog blog


One of my favorite columnists, Al Martinez of the LA Times has coined a phrase in describing what happens to people caught during times of shared difficulties; We huddle together in bad times, he writes. The spirits snuggle.

I love the descriptive aptness of that phrase, the spirits snuggle. It conjures up images of sleeping puppies, all cuddly and tossed together in soft furry heaps of companionship and warmth. Sometimes, we all just need to feel one another's heart beat. A reminder of our shared humanity, that we reach out to each other with hope, comfort and kindness because without it, there is nothing.

I wish you all the joys of the season. I wish you love and laughter and a cherished memory or two to hold close in the flickering of the candlelight. Most of all I wish you peace, from the bottom of my heart. Happy holidays to you all. May your spirits snuggle.

6 comments:

Robbie said...

Sorry for the delay in wishing you a happy nog or two or three I was too busy spirit snuggling. Somehow it feels so much more hollow than the actual cuddly lovin kind. :-( But, I suppose I'll take what I can get. :-D

Sydney said...

Lovely image! I wish it all right back to you too gigi.

Paul said...

This "spirits snuggling" thing...does it mean snuggling with the Jager angels?

Happy New Year to you and Turk.

Oberon said...

.....i sent you an invite to globalove think tank....i hope you join.....we need 54 more good people...have a happy new year.

MzAmy said...

ahhh. too sweet. spirits snuggle.
I get it from my kids.

And the baby, it snuggles within
me. kickin and squirming.
:)

I hope your christmas was a very
good one, and also I wish you the best in the upcoming
New Year. :)

Paul said...

Came back to say bye. I'm shutting down the blog. You are a genuine creative talent. My best to you and Turk.