Monday, January 05, 2009

self-flagellation is a bore


And yet, as mad monks and fallen preachers all know, it is sometimes necessary and oddly satisfying. That doesn't mean, of course, that you must bear witness, and in fact I neither expect nor encourage you to do so. By all means, avert your eyes. It only gets worse from here.

For I weighed myself this morning after yoga class, something I have avoided doing for at least a month now, maybe two. I thought I was prepared for the result ~ I know where I've been and what I've been doing ~ but I was not. I was horrified. I was mortified. I believe I may have shed a tear on the ride home. I have been self-indulging to the point of abject stupidity since November (of 2007) and am thoroughly disgusted with myself. I have gone up not one but two sizes in the past year...

I will say no more on the point. I have little patience with whiny mopers who refuse to take responsibility for their own actions. But that is precisely the person I have become; a woman in need of a serious ass-kicking. And she could stand to miss a meal too.

And so, gentle reader, I am once again embarking on the dread Fitness Blog.
And again I am sorry, for it never goes well. It is going to be dull. It is going to be dreary. It is going to entertain no one, least of all me. But until I lose this millstone around my neck (and waist, hip and thighs) I will not be worth knowing. I'm sticking with it this time too, because I have a wager on the outcome, and I never lose a bet. Ever.

Rest assured, this is going to bore me more than it bores you. And dudes, it is totally going to bore you.

GOAL: 26 pounds, 3 months, no whining

Day 1:

yoga: 1 hour
treadmill: 2.05 miles, 23 minutes

Breakfast: black coffee

Lunch: 1 apple

Dinner: 1 bowl of tomato/cabbage soup



4 comments:

Robbie said...

OMG! I so felt (and still feel a little) like the Buddha in the boat. I can't hang with the big dogs anymore. :-(

Wow! Game is on! UM...and you may prove starvation works better than exercise. Ummm...had I exercised. Darn!

Coy said...

A cup of coffee, an apple and a bowl of cabbage soup ... yep starvation should do it, my bet is on you.
*** Coy ***

Sydney said...

Your blog entries are some of the best, funniest, wittiest around. I'll wager you that they will never be boring!!! Increasing exercise and eating less will do it, but is that really how little you're eating? I don't know how you can manage that. Maybe you're doing some kind of cleanse for the first few days?

V said...

Good luck & prayers, Gigi!
V