Thursday, January 25, 2007

flyby

Big hurry ~ no time to stop. Off to New York for a quickie holiday, where I hear the weather is delightful this time of year. It seems my lovely and talented sister-in-law Kim has business in the city and, perhaps unwisely, has invited me meet up with her there. When I hesitated, having begun to adapt quite nicely to my new life as a melancholic shut-in, she cheerfully reminded me that life is not a dress rehearsal, and we should seize our opportunities as they come. Point taken.

So off I go, in California-girl winter finery (short jacket and sunglasses, trendy scarf and boots that have never known so much as a drop of rain or unkind word) all designed primarily to ward off the chill of air-conditioning and frosted barware.

I will attempt to be helpful. I will succeed in enjoying myself. I will endeavor to entice her into being just a wee bit wicked. I guarantee one of us will.

Just checked. Today's temperature ~ 31 degrees. Tomorrow's ~ 17! Carpe diem, baby.

6 comments:

Paul said...

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

Robbie said...

Yeah!!! I called tonight (left msg on cell) to see if you were able to make it. Yeah!!! I am so very jealous though.

Cynthia said...

Go Gigi! You're not meant for a hermit's life, and I damn well expect wonderfully delicious wickedness from you.

Miz Shoes said...

Take yourself down to Canal Street and visit the Pearl Art Supply mothership. four stories (?) of pure artistic bliss. And then you can have nummy Chinese food in Chinatown.

Anonymous said...

Hi, just found your blog--great stuff. I am a Florida girl, so I hear ya about going to the cold Cali-style...I'd probably bring my flip-flops thinking "maybe it'll get warm enough." HA! Have a good trip!

freeepeace said...

holy crap! NY! It's cold there! Freezing! BELOW freezing! Hope you're having fun. :)