Monday, January 12, 2009

the fitness blog does not do weekends


Lotus does weekends, but they rarely have to do with fitness. And Lotus never tells.

Well, sometimes she does, but then she usually forgets. In any case, she's not telling this weekend. Suffice it to say that as of this morning she has lost an unexciting grand total of 5 pounds. Her worthy opponent, she is reliably informed, has lost more. This makes Lotus happy for her friendly opponent but sad for herself because she is very competitive, something which causes her to continue to refer to herself in the third person for no apparent reason. Which confuses her mightily, as she has a difficult enough time maintaining consistency of tense and personage under the best of circumstances.

Her head begins to hurt, and she steps away from the keyboard in order to get a grip, possibly on a sandwich.


Breakfast: black coffee

bunch of grapes 60

Lunch: V8 juice 70

Snack: 1 carrot 25

Dinner: 1 bowl vegetable soup 90

1 small salad 245
(lettuce 40
onion 15
Gorgonzola cheese 100
5 black olives 50
2 tbs dressing 40)

Daily subtotal: 490

~~~~~~~~~~

yoga 1 hour

treadmill: 2.36 miles

~~~~~~~~~~

net weight gain/loss to date: -5 lbs.




6 comments:

alphawoman said...

Hanu in there. I would join you and keep you company in your "journey" but I refuse to look at the scale. I am just getting on our machine (b/c I can not spell eclipical) today will be day six but I think I am getting fatter because it makes me hungier and I think I can eat b/s c I am working out. lol.

Love the collage!

alphawoman said...

I am thinking I need a new keyboard. My typing is really not that bad (my spelling is though) I meant Hang and b/c not b/s...lol

My word verification is dicahot...I don't know why that cracks me up)

Sydney said...

Very proud of you! I am amazed that you have not keeled over from lightheadedness by now -- I say out of utter envy and awe.

I hope you had a GREAT weekend. Even a good one. I thought of you today as I did 2.25 for 30 minutes on the precor. On the treadmill I only go 1.67 or so in 35 minutes. I think, how does gigi get in 5 + miles and THEN do an hour of something else? I am a person who regularly works out too. SO your blog -- hardly boring -- made me push a little further and harder today. Danke

Sydney said...

oh alphawoman, I totally relate!

Robbie said...

Hello there Ms. Fitness Guru! One pound more does not count for much woman. I fear you will win. I need to find time to actually get regular exercise. Running up and down the escalator at work won't be enough for very long. My body adapts too darn quickly and stops burning calories.

P.S. Would it be unethical to pay someone to ghost write my blog? Perhaps that would free up my time. At the very least, if they ghost comment for me. :-D

Gigi said...

Hanu hanu, Mary! ;D I thought I was the only one who laughed at word verifications ~ I got 'wakjob' once, which I enjoyed immensely.

My problem is that I've been refusing to look at the scale for so long that by the time I finally did, I found myself in untrampeled Virgin Territory. Which, at our age, is a place none of us finds amusing anymore. ;)

Hey Syd ~ Thanks for thinking of me on the treadmill ~ ha! And after I read that, I thought of you today, too. So hey ~ I think that makes us running buddies! :)

But I realized too that I gave the wrong impression; I only do 1 to 1 1/2 hours MAX of cardio at a shot; 45 on a machine, the rest on the tread, depending on how much energy I've got left. Weights are only for 10 or 15 minutes and only on some days; I hate weights. So it's never 5 miles + an hour. And I've only been making yoga once a week, because it's so damned early.

Yo Robbie! One pound is everything when you're betting the farm ~ the fat farm, that is! (ba-dum-pump :)

See? I could happily unethically ghostwrite your blog for you, for a small fee. And it shall be a fitness blog, and in it you shall speak of running up and down escalators, day after day after day...

And of course I will do all the ghost commenting as well, because god knows no one else will.

Write something already! :)