Friday, January 09, 2009

last night was 'date night'


And to no one's surprise, I fell off the wagon, hitting my head several times on the way down. This is nothing new and to be expected; I may be willing to starve several days a week in the interests of health and beauty but I will never give up my date nights, nor will I give up anything I wish to do on them. I will have my bread and butter and eat them too, preferably washed down with copious amounts of wine or vodka or whatever else is being poured. I will pay the price in poundage tomorrow, or as the case may be, today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday's debacle:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Breakfast: black coffee

Lunch: 1 bowl Progresso chicken/rice soup 100

~~~~~~~~~~

Went to see 'Nixon Frost'** ~ excellent movie! I give it 4 martinis and an olive. As a good democrat and proud liberal I never expected to feel such compassion for the ex-President, nor to get so caught up in the drama of events surrounding what I recall as being a rather dull interview. But of course, I was very, very young, and everything was dull. I was but a toddler, I tell you. But I digress.

Turk, who rarely stays awake during an entire film, gave 'Nixon Frost'** a shockingly hyperbolic, "I really enjoyed that movie," thus earning it an Oscar.

snack: 1 large bucket of popcorn 1650/2 = a shockingly hyperbolic 825 calories

And I'd do it again.

After the movie we hit a brand new local wine bar to check it out. Overpriced wine, reasonable menu, depending on who you ask; Turk groaned on about how the place would never make it in this economy. I groaned on about he was always groaning on, and about how we really need a decent restaurant out here in the boonies and the only way to keep one was to patronize it. We argued about economic pessimism and my desire to spend money we don't have.

2 glasses unexceptional wine: 200 calories

I wouldn't do it again.

Headed for the local cheap n' cheerful Chinese:

dinner:

Szechuan chicken: I'm guesstimating here; I don't measure food in grams. In fact, I refuse to measure food at all. A large portion; let's call it 500.

I polished it off. With chopsticks.

and steamed rice 210

2 glasses unexceptional but appropriately priced wine: 200 calories

Jasmine tea


Daily total: 2035 calories

no exercise

Fortune cookie says: you will not be getting on a scale in the morning.

And damned if it wasn't true!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Today's Penance
~~~~~~~~~~~

Breakfast: black coffee

Lunch: 1 can V8 juice 70 calories

off to the gym. Take me treadmill, for I have sinned.


**
turns out the actual title is 'Frost Nixon' ~ seems I am politically and/or titularly dyslexic

4 comments:

Robbie said...

:::yelling from the rooftops:::
LONG LIVE DATE NIGHTS!

Ha! I might just beat you if you continue to have more date nights like that. Mine was a Japanese steak house with a few glasses of wine as the worst nutritional aspect of the meal. How many calories are in plum wine anyhow? Oh and one glass of Chardonnay?

But, I squeezed in a workout with mine too. ;-D

neil said...

My nephew downloaded it and after a stern warning from me over the dangers of such practices, we watched together until such time as my daughter isisted we watch her school concert for the fourteenth time. It was a good movie too...what happened?!!!

Calories are not a man's or woman's best friend, sigh.

Gigi said...

Hey Neil ~ aw, bad break! But I loved this movie; you MUST see the entire thing!

OK ~ SPOILER ALERT ~ read no further if you'll see it soon

Frost wins when Nixon admits wrongdoing in the final interview. Nixon wins some relief from his terrible burden. Frost gains celebrity status. Nixon gains Italian loafers, and my surprised sympathy. Turns out, I like Tricky Dick after all. Who knew?

So, Nixon wins. :)

Robbie ~ hey, no fair! I didn't get a workout (walks away, mumbles something unitelligible...)

Oh, it is so ON! :)

V said...

Now that`s a Date Night!
Seems like I`ve known quite a few of those.
V