Wednesday, January 14, 2009

if it's tuesday, it must be baked potato(!)

The excitement never ends.

One of the problems with keeping a daily blog (as opposed to the occasionally bi-monthly format I usually manage) is the fact that it requires me to, you know, log in on a daily basis. I'm just not that good at it ~ I view blog time as another form of indulgence that needs to be kept in check. I am too readily distracted in here, too easily seduced ~ I forget myself in realities in which I have no real place, losing
myself in other lives, the product of other people's imaginations.

Keeping a daily blog also encourages me to do a lot more blathering. Is it wise or even rational to want other people to know of one's continual struggles with weight, self-denial and/or bad reality TV? To show sketches of oneself dressed in one's jammies, standing on a bathroom scale?

No. It's unseemly, is what it is. I question my judgment in this as in all things. But of course, I don't know how to stop.

Speaking of questionable judgment, I stayed up watching The Really Desperate Housewives of Orange County again last night. I think it may be some sort of chemical imbalance. And may I just say that Tamra is an ugly, ugly human being?

For those of you who don't know because you have better, more positive things to do, Tamra is a 40-something year-old self-described 'Princess' who, last night, deliberately encouraged another woman, whom she does not like, to get 'stupid... naked wasted' at her etiquette-themed dinner party (Tamra's husband is making her take etiquette lessons...that's right. So she throws a 'formal' dinner party in what appears to be her kitchen revolving around etiquette and tequila...No, I swear I am not making this up). Then, to add creepiness to cruelty, the woman virtually pimps out her adolescent son to seduce the poor foolish creature.

In a nest of vipers, Tamra is a multi-headed Hydra. I would not have been a bit surprised had her eyes suddenly rolled back in her shiny yellow head as her jaws unhinged and the putrid black, pus-filled darkness where once had been her soul came gushing forth. Now that's good television.

Karma, Tamra. Know it. Fear it. It's coming for you. And it's carrying a fish fork.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday's drama
~~~~~~~~~~~

elliptical machine: 5.77 miles (45 minutes)

treadmill: 2.34 miles (35 minutes)

8.11 miles total

(leg machines - no more than 15 minutes)

~~~~~~~~~~

Breakfast: black coffee
1 apple 60

Lunch: 1 bowl Progresso soup 100

Dinner: broccoli 30
carrot 25
baked potato 105
w/ lots of butter 250

410 calories subtotal

daily total: 570 calories

~~~~~~~~~~

net weight gain/loss (from last weigh-in): -1.5


~~~~
Today
~~~~

gym:

precor: 3.69 miles 45 minutes
treadmill: 3.36 miles 42 minutes

(arms)

total: 7.05 miles

Breakfast: coffee
grapes 100

Lunch: grapes 60
soup 100

Dinner: big salad

lettuce 45
onion 40
tuna 300
10 olives 90
1 tbs rice vinegar dressing 20
1 inch cube cheese 110.....subtotal 605

daily total 865 calories

Ok. That's a lot. It was a big salad. I was hungry. And pissed off. Because...

net/gain loss since yesterday: +1

See, I ate 570 calories yesterday. Burned over 800.

And still managed to gain weight.

Seriously. That must have been a whole lot of butter on that there potato.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did not see the Orange Housewives. Both my husband and my daughter watch, though. I wasn't doing good works instead of watching, I just was watching other, as bad as, TV.

I understand the getting involved in other places when blogging. I was stuck yesterday on youtube looking at Hollywood Palace videos from the 1960s. They have one of Judy Garland rehearsing. She is just not into it. I loved it all and had a hard time pulling myself away.

Robbie said...

It's a mind numbing vortex. But, I liked your pj sketch. I just forgot to mention it. Of course all the distractions of coming online is one of the main reasons I only update my blog bi-annually.

Sydney said...

How do I find new ways to write how fabulous your writing is? Your descriptionof her and her impending fate were more entertaining than watching the show. Thank you for saving me from doing it. Seeing it through your eyes is far more entertaining and worthwhile to me, lol.

Blogging -- yes, a vortex. I got back up after going to bed to check one or two more. Wow.